Saturday 23 February 2019

Music Video: Questionnaire & Results

Questionnaire:
Create your own user feedback survey

Results:

Brief analysis of results:

Initially I am happy with the amount of responses I got because it meant I had more perspectives for the more 'controversial' aspect of my video. It also allowed me to see what could be considered a 'good music video' from someone else's perspective, which would allow me to make alterations to mine to make it more universally appealing.

Despite thee amount of people who took my questionnaire however, I wish I had done a focus group or have had more structured conversations about my work with peers. I think by having more of a conversation with people could have bled out more ideas for my work, and more so could have created more open end discussions for other people to answer with. Generally, it would just of benefited me a lot more.

BTS was an occurring trend throughout all my replies. This is both beneficial, and slightly annoying because it minimises the style of video I could make and also narrows my audience down into the genre of music they enjoy. Though initially I was doing a KPOP song, it was of a different genre so it is arguable whether or not the video would have been enjoyed by this audience. BTS also as a general have very cinematic stylised videos, with high budgets and mainly rely on star appeal; all of which I either don't possess or wasn't particularly attracted to.

I am also a little annoyed that some of my questions were 'skipped' because it means my data isn't equal to the amount of people who took the questionnaire, and more so doesn't give me as much information as I need. The majority of questions skipped were also my open ended questions which required the most information; fortunately the answers I were given provided enough information.

One question I found particularly intriguing was the 'Narrative or Conceptual' video question because despite 22 people taking it, the results ended up 50/50. This is both a negative and a positive; it means I can create the type of video I want without having to worry too much about my results, but it also means that my data isn't totally important or effective to how I would plan my video. There aren't really any repercussions per-say because of the indifference in the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment