Wednesday 8 May 2019

Promotional Video: Editing Process

Nesting for Warp Stabiliser and Speed:

One of the initial problems I ran into whilst editing was stabilisation. My client would often mentioning speeding up clips which I did not film with a gimbal or tripod (a mistake on my behalf), and so I ran into errors as mentioned below.



This method worked successfully and I ended up nesting a few clips, then speeding, then cutting; whilst this is great to learn for future editing, I do wish I would be more prepared when it comes to filming and would rather practically have a still video than have to edit afterwards.


This method was also quite time consuming to do, and I would have to rename every nested sequence to its according clip. For the majority however, I only need to either speed up the clip or stabilise it which I am thankful for.






Text Animation:

For the majority of the text transitions and effects in my video, I mainly used premade/downloaded transitions that come with premier. I would then alter the speed using keyframes to suit the pace of the video. One technique I did learn was to mask the text to create a timed reveal.



This was a very easy technique to use and I think was visually stimulating. I also think it was important to add text transitions to make the pace of the video more fluid than having flat 2D text laying on the film; It made the text part of the moving image rather than it just appear. 

The text in my video also was used to section/chapter different elements of the video so it was important to have something that made it stand out for the 'second' it would appear for.

No comments:

Post a Comment