Tuesday 30 April 2019

Promotional Video: Mood Board & Brief Ideas

Inspiration/Mood Board:

Music:


I chose a rock instrumental for a few reasons. From an artistic perspective, I think it represents the machinery the best without being cheesy (eg using techno music) and also has a good pace for matching shots up with; I also chose this genre because it is the company's employee's favourite genre. I thought by using a genre they liked would not only make the video more personal to them, but could also make thew video more favourable to them when watching it. The music also had to be royalty/copyright free in order to avoid causing revenue issues and/or copyright issues for the company.

However I do have some alternatives which I think would also work better for pacing the video:



Graphics:


My client discussed that he was keen to show the kind of machinery they have, so i thought i could include some graphics to show the specs of the machines. I thought I could also then include some picture examples of what the machine produces; this would also allow the client to show some of their previous work which they unfortunately only have images of.

Editing Style & Shots:

My client was keen to have a visually stimulating video, which includes having text literally in the video; however he does not want the video to be heavily informative but rather visually stimulating. This meaning more creative transitions and possible even editing the text on screen throughout the process. He also said he wants a "Letterbox ratio" video as part of the 10 second(ish) opener, which visually won't have space to fit any heavy amounts of text and/or information.

Time Lapse:

My Client has mentioned numerous times his desire for a Time Lapse, however I have mentioned numerous times that this is not plausible because I do not have a large enough budget for the correct size memory card, intervalometer or my own time to be able to complete it; I also don't know how to do a time lapse successfully. I tried to negotiate into doing numerous cut long takes instead with close ups (or more detailed shots like specs) but he insisted. This will make the process significantly harder, but considering it is one of the few pieces he mentioned, I feel it is necessary to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment