Wednesday 20 March 2019

Music Video: Filming Process (new)

Riversley Park:

With good weather on my side, I decided to shoot my outside shots before the studio ones to take advantage. Beginning with my first location, it quickly became apparent that I would have to find an isolated location due to then having to blur anyone who walked in the background; I also wanted to include as little references to man made structures as possible (paths, schools, vehicles) to better suit the narrative of my video. In regards to health and safety, I also wanted to make sure the ground wasn't too slippery or 'awkward' to film on; this is because for a couple of the tracking shots, my cameraman would have to be walking backwards. To further ensure this, I brought along another helper to direct the cameraman.

shots taken (highlighted)

Studio:

My projection shooting went smoother than I anticipated, and I ended up with significantly more footage than I actually required; but this was good because I included a lot of motion when shooting, so I have a lot of options to choose from.

shots taken (highlighted)

When shooting this time around, I ensured the projector was an adequate height which involved stacking books on top of a step ladder, then angling the projector down; though sounds like I ignored health and safety, I had two people to hold the step ladder and projector. The images on the white background were slightly warped from the angle, but it didn't effect the overall image once framing was set up. 

Ensor's Pool & Bermuda Park:

As anticipated, the shoot was a bit more difficult to complete due to the weather which had caused the hill to completely turn to mud. Health & Safety wise it wasn't too detrimental, I just made sure both me and the cameraman were careful when walking up/down and decided not to do any tracking back shots just further be mindful of this. 

shots taken (highlighted)

I took a decent amount fo shots, but for the majority only did one take of each which was my fault. I think I was more eager to finish because it looks like it was going to rain, and I had nothing to protect the camera with; for future reference I should plan my day out better to prevent rushing like this. My shots were also a little underexposed than I would have liked, but I think it looked nice when contrasted against my other sections of the video.

My House (Bedroom & Bathroom):

For these shots I debated whether or not I wanted to have it in daylight or night but I thought it would be best to shoot at night because of the amount of day shoots I did. I also think it set a better tone for the introduction of the video; the dark light gives connotations of a dark lifestyle or area.



shots taken (highlighted)

No comments:

Post a Comment