Sunday 17 March 2019

Music Video: Filming Process (old)

13/03:

Set Up:



Filming:

All my subjects failed to turn up to film, to which I made a precaution to book multiple days for the studio to be used. This of course will put more stress on my behalf to finish everything within the time frame, but I am hopeful I will be able to do it.
To make my time somewhat productive i filmed some filler shots for the subject that did turn up, and tested some of my final projections on them:


One of the first obstacles I encountered was that the projections had made lines appear when filmed, this was an easy fix however as I just changed the shutter speed to a higher one. I then accordingly changed my ISO and aperture. I filmed once again:


The take came out much better, however I did want to test zooming out when shooting; unfortunately at the time, I was still struggling to get the height i needed for the projector. So instead I settled on testing the projections and having to zoom post edit, even though the camera was set at a lower angle. This is extremely apparent in the close ups filmed with the projectors:


The angle generally is unflattering for (almost) anyone, and this shot also shows more shadow than I was hoping for behind my subject too; Yet i had to put it this low to prevent the camera from covering the projections, so i will ask for a taller step ladder when filming next time. The butterfly lit shots though however turned out exactly like I wanted to because I was able to use the studio lighting instead of the projector, though I will have to colour correct it to make it look more white post edit:


No comments:

Post a Comment