Tuesday 19 March 2019

Music Video: Projections Test and Editing (new)

When laying out and preparing my storyboard/shotlist, I thought I would find it easier to drag clips straight into Premiere to layout how i want my projections to look/progress. This particular scene is meant to represent the inner monologue/torment of the subject, to which I added natural scenery to represent; so the fire represents their anger/frustration whilst the clouds represent peace and/or solitude. 

list of clips

Example layout

Having these images juxtapose each other whilst having the subject react accordingly I think will show my intentions. I also think this direct contrast is very visually stimulating, rather than just having repeating shots of someones face or just one element of nature. It also represents mental health as a general where you can go through mood swings, or (what I was aiming for) the sensation of not being able to control nor express your feelings; hence why this is seen in the subjects head rather than outside.

The clips were pretty much a 'straight to Premiere' Process besides the Petal clip, which I keyed out and added a white background to.

key settings

I also tested out my ideal transition for this section which was an optical zoom; I used a pre-downloaded transition pack, but moved the video footage (using key-framing) to make it so it appears we are falling into the subject's eye/mind.

test transition

screenshot of framing

No comments:

Post a Comment