Tuesday 12 March 2019

Music Video: Test Projections & Equipment

27/02:
Due to a number of inconveniences and problems, I was unable to test projections properly; So I decided to make a layout/plan of what equipment I will need and where to place it. 


05/03:
The adapter I bought for the projector arrived Saturday so I was able to test out some of my inspiration videos against a white background properly.

- Set up example -

-White Background & White Video Background -

- White Background & Black Video Background -


I originally set up the projector up in our classroom initially just to check the adapter actually worked. However it came apparent to me that I would need a vastly darker space than i anticipated. I also would need a very high stand for the projector to sit upon to be able to film directly in front of the subject. I also noticed how difficult it was to place the projector without casting a strong shadow beside or behind the subject.
After this initial test, I decided to move into the studio to again see how it would look against a white backdrop. Whilst I found a drastic improvement when compared to the natural lighting, I also found the subject's face to still be quite dark so when it comes to shooting I think I will somehow still have to have another light source which could make the projections harder to see. 

The main outcome however, which i was more eager to see was the fact it did look visually interesting and i think with some more effects could make it very meaningful and even moving. I think it also allows more personalisation and personification when it comes to the projections, because I can show the subject's emotions or the lyrics with a more dynamic method.

No comments:

Post a Comment